1. Continue revising your final project proposal based on my recommendations. If any changes are made to your original ideas, the proposal must be adjusted. The revised version is due May 5. Your early submissions and revisions will allow me the opportunity and time to make responses to your proposals so you can continue your assignment before our next class. We won’t need to spend time reviewing your proposal during our next class. Instead, you can use the time to work further on your projects. Remember: You will lose points if you do not attend class and meet with me one-on-one to review your progress. It is the last working day before the presentation. The project should be your best!
2. Complete at least 1/2 of your final project for homework and make arrangements to work in your Making Center lab of choice. Now that you have decided on your process/medium (laser cut, stickers, clay, drypoint), Please arrange to work in your chosen lab during the total time of our next class. In other words, if you are creating etchings, you will be working on the press in our classroom or the printshop. You can work in the Ceramics Shop on your clay project or the set up in the classroom, and in the classroom, on your sticker work-no appointments are needed. If you choose to laser cut, you need to schedule an appointment with the Laser Lab for our class time as soon as possible.
*If you are making stickers, have them completed and submitted in time to have them printed before the final day of class on May 12. Please visit the Design Lab for information on turnaround time.
*If you are working in clay, consider the time needed for the clay to dry it will not be bisque fired.
You can review examples of past student final projects (here)
3. Please complete your course evaluations
2. Your proposal for your reference
3. Your final project in progress
4. Materials to continue the making process during class
For example-computer, preliminary drawings, plexiglass, clay, printmaking paper, laser cutting surface. Again, let me know what I can provide for you before Wednesday. I will need time to gather supplies.