Remember to allow enough time for submitting, printing, placement on a window, and photographing.
Five days is a safe time frame between emailing the document and picking up the stickers. The stickers will not be printed over the weekend, Send them in today via email, Friday, March 1, at the latest.
Instructions for SETTING UP AND SENDING IN THE STICKERS DOCUMENT (shown in class)
Your goal is to have your printed sticker illustrations placed and integrated into the scenery that goes beyond the window. It is important to have the right scale and lineup of the stickers in relationship to the scenery. Create the images dark enough to show up when placed on your window.
Take photos of the stickers and scenery from different vantage points. Be sure the stickers and scenery are both in focus (not blurry in the background.) Print out the photographs for the final presentation. Then enjoy the final illusion!
1. Complete the formatted Illustrator document
2. Send the file via email to the Design Labin time to receive the stickers by Wednesday of this week.
3. Place the stickers on the areas of the chosen window(s).
4. Take good quality photos of the setup to show as your final presentation. (The printed stickers and photos of them on the window are the final project.) Please take time to align the stickers and the scene through the window carefully when taking your photos. You want to create a convincing illusion.
Please be sure to use quality photo paper or shiny paper to print out your photos for the presentation.
1. drawings in your sketchbook
2. your acetate prototypes
3. final illustrator drawings/document (the files will be submitted to me on Canvas at the start of class)
4. the sheet of printed stickers
5. photos of the final outcome of the stickers on windows
You will need to bring your computer – for showing documentation during the crit – and in case we have time for posting on your Learning Portfolio during class. **All items you bring for the crit will be photographed and shown in your LP post.
I look forward to seeing the final results!