TO DO :
Ask yourself these questions:
-How would you create the illusion that images placed on a window are part of the scenery behind them?
-What subject matter would you create?
-How would you use your way of drawing lines and mark making? How heavy and dark do your lines need to be in order to show up? Can you fill in black areas to create impact? (see the image of the birds on the window shown above)
-What dictates the subject matter? (You can draw anything you choose as long as there is a relationship to what you see through the window.)
-How would you determine the scale of the transparent drawings? (The prototypes will assist you) Please note, as indicated below, the sticker sheets are 28″ long x 1″ high at minimum. If you choose a larger height, it will cost you more.
1. First – choose any window(s) of any size with any view you like best.
2. Next – finalize five black and white drawings that you started in class.
Note: ALL FIVE IMAGES will be translated into transparent stickers. They can be created by hand or digitally.
3. Then – prototype the drawings by sketching them in ink on top of acetate other transparent paper and placing the pages onto one or more windows.
Create the drawings in different sizes to play around with scale.
4. Lastly – Take photos of the window(s) with the prototypes in place.
You will be given time in class to make revisions to your drawings and finalize your images in Illustrator. Please be sure to have a photo of the window so that I can review all of the elements you are putting together to make your final images.
-Your five black and white drawings to show in person
-A photo of the prototypes over your chosen window. (You can bring the prototypes in as well.)
-Your computer with Adobe Illustrator
– The cost is $2.00 for a sheet of 28″ x 1″. Larger sizes will cost more. Several drawings can fit on one strip. You can also share your sticker space with another student.
I look forward to seeing your drawings!
You can always ask me questions via email for clarity.