Please read this post all the way to the bottom
Examples of laser-cut jewelry
(TWO DRAWINGS and TWO PROTOTYPES) The sketchbook which comes in the First Year Materials Kit is the small black book with blank pages. Canson 180 Degree Hardbound Sketchbook, 80 sheets, size = 8.3″x11.7″. You can work in this one or another of your choice.
1. Two concept sketches in pen or pencil showing your basic design ideas with notes.
2. Finish two paper prototypes. Use the measurements you made in class for the bracelet or necklace on the person you were designing for and create the paper model to scale. Please consider the design, function, and fit. (Both sketches and prototypes are due Thursday 1/31)
Bracelet style choices: bangles, cuffs, charm, links, wraps, leather, chains
Necklace style choices: pendants, chains, chokers, bib
3. Scan the prototypes and sketches ahead of time for clean images to work from when creating your digital documents.
2. Computer with Adobe Illustrator installed from your CC student account
3. Paper prototypes for review