Please note: It is better to attend than to miss the class. Two or more absences results in a 1/2 grade drop in your final grade.
(Our classroom location will be in the University Center, room 514)
-The start of class will be dedicated to the Built Metropolis clay project. You will have to bring them out of the Wet Lab and carry them over to class.They are sitting on the top shelf in the back of the Wet Lab in the room behind the glass with the kilns. They are at the very end of the room. Go to the Wet Lab to get your projects tonight before 7:00 pm or tomorrow morning before 11:30 am. I will be there at 11:30 am tomorrow and will leave to make it over to class by 11:45 am. You won’t have access to the Wet Lab from 12-3 pm.
-The rest of class time will be used to work with mixed media on top of one or two out of the three of your monotypes created in the Printmaking Lab. The other one or two of the three will remain purely as monotypes.
- PREPARATION FOR THE MIXED MEDIA PROJECT
1. Your monotypes from the Printmaking Lab. I rescued them on Monday from the Printmaking Lab, and they are fine. They are drying in my studio. I will bring them to class. I am so excited to have them here to look over. You all produced some fabulous work!
2. Also, bring any mixed media you choose. For example, paint, color pencils, pastels, pen and ink, glue, collage materials made out of paper, cloth and other.
Think about what works best to enhance your monoprint, yet not take away from its original state.
- PREPARATION FOR THE BUILT METROPOLIS CRITIQUE
A special guest will take part in the critique to give you some professional feedback.
1. Your sketchbook drawings and notes
2. The photographs you took of the architecture (They can be shown on your computer)
3. The clay architectural structure you built in the Wet Lab. Someone has to escort you to the Wet Lab either tonight or tomorrow morning. You will have to allow extra time for the escort process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know via email.