Please read this post all the way to the bottom
Examples of laser-cut jewelry
(TWO DRAWINGS and TWO PROTOTYPES) The sketchbook which comes in the First Year Materials Kit is the small black book with blank pages. Canson 180 Degree Hardbound Sketchbook, 80 sheets, size = 8.3″x11.7″. You can work in this one or another of your choice.
1. Two concept sketches in pen or pencil showing your basic design ideas with notes.
2. Finish two paper prototypes. Use the measurements you made in class for the bracelet or necklace on the person you were designing for and create the paper model to scale. Please consider the design, function, and fit. (Both sketches and prototypes are due this Thursday)
Bracelet style choices: bangles, cuffs, charm, links, wraps, leather, chains
Necklace style choices: pendants, chains, chokers, bib
2. Computer with Adobe Illustrator installed from your CC student account
3. Paper prototypes for review
1. We will have a special guest. She is a professional product and jewelry designer. We both will help you with the function of your designs.
2. You will have a tutorial in Illustrator. The lesson will cover how to create a template of your design suitable for laser cutting.
3. The last part of the class will be dedicated to a short introduction to the cutting process in the Laser Lab.
-Your Illustrator template document will be completed for homework for the next class. We will review your digital template and work in the Laser Lab cutting your Laser Wear. You will complete the laser cutting and construction for homework.
-THE PROJECT IS DUE for presentation, WEEK 4, February 15